We believe that the church is the body of Christ. As such, the New Testament clearly instructs the church to use everyone's gifts for the good of the body (Eph. 4) and to spread the good news of the gospel throughout our community and to the world (Matt. 28). In order to carry out this mission in an orderly way, Covenant Church has established an administrative structure, accountable to the Council, that is charged to keep a high focus on our mission/vision while carrying out our ministry plans.
This team is directly accountable to the Church Council and is responsible to oversee all of our ministry teams. It is accountable for the following:
- To create and update an annual Ministry Action Plan
- To monitor, track, and encourage the ministry teams in the execution of the Ministry Action Plan
- To review and oversee the Church staff and church office.
- To coordinate the annual budget process in alignment with our ministry objectives.
- To oversee our ministry teams and hold them accountable for their tasks.
- To communicate results and actions to the Council.
- To bring recommendations and motions to the Council for approvals and encouragement.
This team is responsible for the education, spiritual growth activities and outreach to our community and beyond. It is accountable for the following:
- The adult educational programs of the church
- The welcome center, greeters, ushers, etc.
- Faith-Promise (missionaries)
- Follow-up on programs like Crossroads and Vacation Bible School.
- Homeless program
Fellowship Ministry Team:
This team is responsible to plan and implement various social and service projects to promote a sense of community and caring among our church members and, therefore, build up the body of Christ. It's major focus areas are:
- The Covenant Connection (newsletter)
- E-mail Ministry
- Prayer Ministry
- "Covenant Cares" (service ministry)
- Special Events coordination (Easter Breakfast, picnics, socials, etc.)
This team is responsible for assisting the Deacons in overseeing our financial matters. They are responsible for the following:
- The church treasurer
- The annual budget process
- The general ledger and payment of bills
- Conducting an audit of our financial statement
- Assisting in any major projects that have financial implications.
This team is responsible for the management of our church building, property, parsonage, and any other real estate that the church may own now and in the future. They are responsible for the following:
- The custodians
- All physical maintenance and on-going repairs for the church building and parsonage.
- Snow removal, landscaping, and maintenance to the property and grounds.
- Scheduling the use on the building
- Recommending needed capital improvements
This team is responsible to plan an oversee our worship services and special worship events. It is accountable to the Elders and is responsible for the following:
- Planning and scheduling worship services
- Designing worship around our vision of blended worship.
- Scheduling special music and participants in the worship service.
- Management of Audio/Visual equipment and staffing
This team is responsible for all the youth related activities within the church. It is accountable for the following:
- Church School/Youth education programs
- Cadets and Gems (young boys & girls groups)
- Jr. High and Sr. High Youth Groups
- Covenant Young Adults (CYA)
- Summer programs: Crossroads and Vacation Bible School
We have need for volunteers in all of our ministry areas. If you have a gift and would like to serve on a ministry team or to support a ministry team, please see us at the visitor center for more information. There is a place for everyone to serve at Covenant and we encourage your participation. Ask any Elder for a spiritual gifts inventory in order to determine your spiritual gifts.