Our Mission“We place a primary emphasis on prayer. We are always aware that Jesus warned the disciples, ‘apart from me you can do nothing.’ Therefore, prayer is central, not incidental, to what we do. Prayer is relying on God’s power to transform ourselves and our community. We will invest enormous energy in developing our personal prayer lives and our corporate prayer ministries.”
Prayer TeamIn order to help keep us focused on prayer, Covenant has a prayer ministry led by Nadine Bordogna. You can reach her by e-mail or by calling the church office: 973-427-1418
- To provide prayer covering for our pastor and his family.
- To provide prayer covering for our staff and their families.
- To provide prayer covering for our leaders and their families.
- To provide prayer covering for the sick and for those in need of deliverance from spiritual bondage.
- To support the Pastor in the organization of the monthly prayer worship services.
- To advance Prayer Partner ministry activities through the teaching and equipping of prayer.
- To pray for the church’s vision, purpose, and spiritual growth.
- To conduct periodic prayer vigils and to pray for our various ministries and activities.
- To provide confidentiality and ability so members feel free to share prayer requests.
- To encourage and promote the growth of prayer in the congregation
Weekly Prayer meetings
We meet here at the church every Wednesday evening at 7:00PM to pray. Everyone is welcome to attend and/or submit prayer requests.
Sponsored by the Prayer Team, various members of the congregation have committed to be a prayer partner. Prayer requests are provided to our prayer partners and they pray throughout the week for specific needs and for the church in general.
Before any major ministry events and at the beginning of new seasons, our prayer team sponsors “prayer walks” whereby we take time to enter each room that a particular ministry will take place in and pray that God’s blessing will be upon the events that take place there.
Communication of Prayer Needs
General prayer requests are published in our weekly bulletins and also on The City. We are very sensitive to your privacy and have prayer team partners who will pray for you and will keep your requests confidential should that be your desire.
We encourage everyone to actively participate in our prayer ministries. If you have a prayer need or request, please contact our pastor, our prayer chairperson, or your district Elder.